Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cameo memories

Wednesday, May 30, 2012
The gorgeous Pippa almost outshone Kate on her wedding day and I know lots of you loved her simple, elegant look.

Lisa has chosen Pippa's half-up hairstyle for her wedding and wants to decorate the back of her hair. She visited the studio with her fiancée Simon. This has happened a few times recently and it's great to see the guys offering their heartfelt advice. The hairpin will be a wedding gift from Simon too.


Simon showed me a twenty year old cameo brooch which had belonged to his Mother. Lisa wants to wear it on her wedding day. What a lovely way to remember someone who is close to your heart. She had thought about putting it on a chain, but I suggested incorporating it into her hairpin. I think it makes a lovely centre piece to the design.


I'm seeing lots of unique ways of remembering relatives. I particularly love when couples display photos of their parents' and grand-parents' weddings at their own celebration. If you haven't read the story of Siobhan's Grandmother's jewellery you should read the post; it's one of my favourites!


What family memories are you incorporating into your wedding? I'd love to hear about them in the comment link below or over on my Facebook page.


Photo credit
Images of Pippa Middleton via Getty Images

4 comments:

Ivy Long, Edera Jewelry said...

So pretty, Aisling! I love the new look of your blog too. Hope you are well :)
xo,
Ivy

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Ivy! I've been admiring some of your latest designs over on Pinterest too. I especially love the lace hairpins. I can't wait to see pictures of someone wearing them.

Mary C. Nasser said...

What an amazing idea to incorporate the twenty year old cameo brooch which had belonged to his Mother into a hair-pin!
It will be both gorgeous and sentimental!

So nice to meet you through BYW 2.0.
All the best,
Mary

Unknown said...

Hi Mary - it's great to connect with you. Thanks for stopping by! Do you have a blog too? I'm looking forward to chatting with you through the BYW course :)