Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lorraine and Conor's Italian wedding

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lorraine came to me to discuss commissioning a bespoke headpiece for her wedding. She described her own style and her plans for a relaxed wedding celebration in Arezzo, Italy. I love hearing everyone's ideas about venues and personal touches!

Lorraine brought in the picture above of a headpiece that she had seen in a magazine. She loved its shape as well as the fact that it had delicate white feathers in it. This image was the starting point for Lorraine's bespoke Rangoli headpiece. We worked together to come up with a design that she loved. The piece was made from fine silver crochet and incorporated rhinestones and pearls. I then wove fine white feathers into it. I think you'll agree that she looked stunning on her wedding day. Here are a few words from Lorraine -


" Thanks you for the beautiful head-piece you made for me for my wedding on 25 June in Montebenichi, Arezzo, Italy. I just wanted to let you know that on the day it was perfect and everyone loved that I chose not to wear a veil and go with something that was so simple but yet at the same time elegant...it really was perfect in keeping in with the simple aspect of my wedding".
Lorraine and Conor's wedding was photographed by Lelia Scarfiotti and I was not surprised to read that she is a 'Style Me Pretty' Little Black Book supplier. Have a look at her website and if you'd like to see more of Lorraine and Conor's wedding album, visit this link and click 'Gallery' and then 'I do', followed by the heading 'Put a ring on it'.

Thanks Lorraine and Conor - your Italian wedding is spellbinding. I can almost smell the Italian countryside :-)

Phototography by Lelia Scarfiotti

No comments: