Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Jubilee weekend in Devon

Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Did you all have a great long weekend? I'm just back from visiting my good friend Katherine in Devon. The sun shone and everyone was celebrating the Jubilee. Every shop-front, house and street seemed to be covered in red, white and blue bunting!


The picture above sums up the weekend for me. We had breakfast on this beach in the quaint town of Beer. Narrow steep streets lead down to the sea. We sat in the hazy sunshine eating our scrambled eggs on toast and sipping mugs of tea!


East Devon is a beautiful part of the world and well worth a trip if you get a chance. And a mere 45 minutes on the plane from Dublin to Exeter!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful Ashling!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment. It really is a pretty part of the world! I'm still there in my head today :)

Sally Cooper said...

Hi Aisling!
I found your lovely blog via BYW.

I love Devon!!

Nice to meet you!
Sally :)

( http://jambochameleon.blogspot.com )