Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Caroline and Peter's Vintage Circus Wedding

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm back after the wedding of 'my' year! It was the Vintage Circus themed celebration of my good friend Caroline (Dirty Fabulous) and her dashing beau Peter. Caroline has spent the last six months planning and creating every last glittering detail! This day was a true reflection of Caroline's life-long love of all things quirky and vintage.

The day was photographed by Shane from Aspect Photography and we are all dying to see his photos! In the meantime though, I thought I'd share a handful of mobile phone pictures that myself and my friends captured on the day.


Clockwise from top left - The Bugle Babes sang in strong harmonies, the magician and the bearded lady, three glamorous Quinn wives and moi with cherry hair and sequins!

So where to begin? Firstly, some words to sum up the extravagant attire;  top hats and braces, ruffles, corsets and flaming red hair. How about bearded ladies, trapeze artistes and spandex donning strong men? There was all of this and much, much more. There was also heaps of love in the room and this meant lots of eye-wiping. The first surprise was a duet from Neil Hannon and Cathy Davey. It made a very special pre-wedding first dance!

 Clockwise from top left - Neil Hannon an Cathy Davy sing a duet, (later in the evening) Peter and his family sing a 'Take That' song, the wedding ceremony, 'The Cheese Course' - Caroline and Peter perform 'Islands in the stream' by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton.

After this, was a change of clothes for Caroline and Peter and an elaborate stage make-over. During the ceremony, Peter sang a beautiful unaccompanied song for Caroline. Afterwards, while we all took a moment to beam at each other, there was a thunderous noise as The Dublin Allstars Marching Band started filing through the room, horns and drums blasting. The carnival atmosphere was in full swing!

The evening continued with a tasty vegetarian buffet from the crew at Cornacopia restaurant. Then lots more drinking and dancing and catching up with people I haven't seen in a while. Music was a key element of the day and the Quinn family are all talented musicians. The most unexpected moment was seeing Peter and his family jump up on stage to perform a 'Take That' song. Below is just a tiny selection of the creative costumes on show - strong men, lion tamers, ring masters, fortune tellers. trapeze artists, clowns, mime artists and bearded ladies!

I know some of these images are not great quality but I wanted to share them with you because they tell the story of the day. This year two of my best friends got married and it's been a brilliant party summer. I hope you enjoyed having a peek at Caroline's wedding? I know you'll be bowled over when you see Shane's official pics!

Congratulations Peter and Caroline - your day was amazing. See you when you get back from your honeymoon. A big thanks also to thank Sandra Crosbie for styling my hair and doing my make-up!

Venue: Dublin Food Co-op, Newmarket Square
Performers:
Neil Hannon and Cathy Davey
Photo credits: Paula Nolan, Ayelet Lalor, Tara Nelson and myself.




5 comments:

Ciara said...

Out of this world! I only had the pleasure of meeting Caroline once, but I can see it was completely original and true to them! What a lovely day to be part of, wishing them both all the best! (and love your cherry hair!)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ciara - Vintage style is popular at the moment but this gal has loved it all her life! (and thanks for the cherry love too)

Kismet said...

How totally awesome!!! What a fun wedding it seemed to be!

Eadaoin said...

Wow sounds like one incredible day! And look at you with cherry hair, you look amazing! Shane is a fantastic photographer, I know he'll have done the day justice :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Kismet and Eadaoin - I love Shane's work too, so I can't wait to see his take on the day.