Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Amadean and Ronan's wedding

Tuesday, February 14, 2012
I remember clearly meeting Amadean for the first time in my studio. She was full of ideas and enthusiasm for planning her wedding. She told me about a specific idea for a headpiece which she had visualised in her head. I love when this happens - it's such an exciting challenge for me to turn these ideas into a reality. The design evolved through lots of conversations and drawings which you can read about in  my previous post.

So now it's time to meet Amadean and thank her for sharing the story of her wedding!

"I got engaged in Ashford Castle on January 2010. I love when a place has a history, a story behind it and so my now husband knew that it would be the perfect place to propose.  It was my birthday, so Ronan invited me out to the grounds of the castle to light a Chinese lantern. He told me that one should close one’s eyes and make a wish as the lantern floats up to the sky. When I opened my eyes he was down on one knee. It was so special. We set a date for August 2011 and went about planning our day."


"When planning our wedding, we kept in mind that what we wanted was to portray a sense of classic elegance on our wedding day. I spent a great deal of time looking for my wedding dress. I wanted something that would be feminine, timeless and unique. You hear of daughters and granddaughters wearing their mother’s or grandmother’s wedding dress and I really loved the thought of passing it on through the generations should myself and Ronan be blessed with children. I went to a dress designer in London called Fiona Clare.  Fiona uses a great deal of Chantilly lace in her designs and this appealed to me because again there is a great sense of tradition that comes with lace … a skill handed down through the generations."


"I wanted to reflect the design of this lace in my headpiece. I also wanted something that was individual to me … something that I could show others and tell them the story behind how it was created. I had observed the passion and dedication that my dress designer had put into creating my dress and I really wanted to accessorise it in a way that would do it justice. I researched on the internet and Rangoli Designs was recommended by many brides.

I met with Aisling and knew immediately that I had found the right person. I gravitate towards people who accept nothing but the best of themselves and this was really evident in Aisling.  Coupled with that was a talent for design which was second to none so I couldn’t have asked for any more."


"I gave Aisling a piece of the lace used in my dress and she worked on creating the most wonderful headpiece using pearls. The delicacy of the pearl reflected beautifully the delicacy of the lace.

You can imagine what you want and it can be very frustrating going to and fro trying to get that across to another person. Not with Aisling. It was like she took the design straight from my mind and recreated it for me. Aisling seemed genuinely enthused by the challenge of creating this elegant individual piece for me and I found her enthusiasm infectious."


"Our wedding day was just as we had imagined it. Surprisingly, the part which we had worried about the least was the most special to both of us … that is the church.  Marrying the man I love and making a commitment to him in front of our friends and family and God made me feel complete. The countless hours I had spent planning for our big day seemed worthwhile because everything was just as I had wanted it … timeless, elegant, and unique.  Truly perfect!

You come across people from time to time that will leave a lasting impression on you. Aisling is one of those people because you cannot help but marvel at her talent; you cannot but be impressed by her passion and you cannot but be bowled over by her enthusiasm.

 

I wish Aisling all the very best in the future and hope that for many years to come, she continues to share her talent and passion with brides throughout the country and continues to provide brides with a wonderful story to tell about a treasured piece to future generations."

Amadean - thanks for everything you have said. I am truly touched by your words. And on a personal note, congratulations on your new job; it's been a very exciting year for you! Wishing yourself and Ronan every happiness together.

Credits
Headpiece, bracelet and earrings by Rangoli
Dress: Fiona Clare
Photography: George Jozwiak

No comments: