Monday, April 4, 2011

Come on summer...

Monday, April 4, 2011
The sun is really trying hard to make an appearance in the last couple of weeks. If only we could *rely* on the weather here, we'd all be so much more adventurous in our wedding venue choices! We might even forward plan a picnic or two...



These images really captured my imagination. I adore the sixties outdoor wedding setting with mis-matched lounge couches. Hats would be a definite requirement along with legs crossed at a 45 degree angle. Please someone invite me to this wedding. Or how about the lavish velvet curtain back-drop at this circus-inspired celebration? It's nice to bring the inside out, don't you think? See the full wedding feature here which was photographed by Gabriel Ryan.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas on outdoor celebrations!

Image credits
Top image via Enchanted Weddings. Original source PutAWittyHeadlineHere.
Circus wedding via Green Wedding Shoes. Photography by Gabriel Ryan Photographers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love outdoor weddings! my sister got married outside in the Colorado Rockies and it was stunning. Unfortunately, the weather is a bit schizophrenic here in Ireland :)

Unknown said...

Your sister's wedding sounds amazing Lisa! I'd love to see some photos.

Dave McClelland said...

I would kill to shoot a wedding like that. It would be candy to my camera. Great post!

Unknown said...

Cheers Dave - make sure you let me know if you ever photograph a wedding venue like this!