Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Italian Inspiration

Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Ciao!
I'm back after a fantastic long weekend in Siena. It's as wonderful as I remember from my honeymoon! I thought I would share some of my photos with you. In between dining and sipping iced Amarettos, I managed to get lots of bridal inspiration - I even saw a wedding couple in Piazza Il Campo as they came out of the church!

Here is the lovely view from my hotel room -


This collage of images shows a gorgeous hairstyle from Vogue Sposa, the wedding couple I saw in Il Campo, unusual faux chocolate bouquets and 'Il Manuale Della Sposa Perfetta!'.

Silk flowers seem to be very popular here for weddings. This window display of table settings caught my eye -


I was surprised to see this article about a bespoke shoemaker - the image reminded me of one of my recent unusual commissions - read more about my shoe commission.


Lots of lovely dresses to be seen in Vogue Sposa and I will be featuring some Italian designers in the coming weeks -

And after all that I needed some chianti, a glass of Vin Santo and a nice strong espresso! Hope you enjoyed a little taste from my Siena trip.

Keep those entries coming in for my two Rangoli competitions! You have another few weeks to inspire me with your ideas. Read more on the events section of my Facebook page.

No comments: