Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Love is in the air

Tuesday, January 26, 2010


I am lucky that so many of my clients share photos of their wedding day with me. I love how many of these images convey not only how everyone looked on the day but how they felt!

Dylan Mc Burney is a photographer whose images convey a wealth of emotion. Candid shots reveal some of the beautiful moments throughout the day and Dylan manages to do this while no-one else is looking! The top image captures the magic of this couple's special day. Here are some words from Dylan himself -
Weddings hold a deep sense of mystery to me. When I turn up at a wedding I have no preconceived ideas about how things should look or what might happen. Out of respect for the wedding, I don’t believe the photographer should impose himself on things at all. I’d rather record the day in such a way as to create images which are authentic and that can be enjoyed for generations to come.

I find that photographs that come from real moments are inherently more powerful and authentic than anything that is stage-managed.
Have a look at Dylan's blog to see his wonderful photography style and read more about some of his recent weddings.

No comments: