Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Double rhinestone hairband

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I am currently inspired by the style of the double hairband. There are so many variations on this elegant form. I have created designs which sparkle with rhinestone gems and others where the lustre of pearls create a romantic feel. The headpiece above features a pretty rhinestone bow detail. As each piece is bespoke, it is possible to create a piece to suit the line or detailing on the gown. Many of my individual brooch style combs can be attached to these double hairbands.

This style of head decoration goes back to Grecian times and I am seeing lots of floaty dresses that are reminiscent of this period in time. Hairdressers are also inspired by plaiting or wrapping the hair in soft loose styles. My crochet headbands are also popular for this style of dress and can also be wrapped and woven around the hair.

No comments: