Thursday, February 14, 2013

Remembering Grandparents

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Recently, lots of you have been showing me photos of your Grandparents weddings. I thought it was time to put our favourite relatives on the stage and hear some stories about their wonderful wedding days! This series is all about the romance, the style and the personalities.


'Love day' is the perfect excuse to share some more glamorous vintage wedding photos. Normally I only post one photo but I just couldn't choose this time! Sian, your Granny looks so beautiful and Gramps looks equally dashing. Sian Sharkey is a hairstylist that I've got to know and I recommend her to you all! That's for another post but today she is sharing photos of her Grandparents wedding in 1945.


So, let's meet Mercedes Munden and Frank Purcell. Apparently these two met at a dance, and were introduced by a family relative. They were both qualified architects and also shared a passion for amateur dramatics.




They married on July 4th and Frank used to joke about losing his independence on independence day! I think a sense of humour is essential for a happy marriage...


Don't they look so relaxed and glamorous? I love Mercede's hairstlye too. Apparently she was always into fashion and style. The couple went on to have eight children.

Sian is delighted to share these images, especially as her Granny died only a few weeks ago. She says that all of the family have followed in their footsteps with their love of music and drama. Check out Sian's website and Facebook page for gorgeous bridal hair-styling.

And here's one final photo of these love-birds. What a stylish and happy looking couple. Thanks for letting me share your family photos Sian!


Do you have photos or know of someone with stories to tell? Drop me an email or leave me a comment below. I'd love to hear from you.


No comments: