Monday, October 25, 2010

Tara and Daniel's Aussie-Irish wedding!

Monday, October 25, 2010
One thing I love about my job is getting to hear about the planning that goes into each wedding. I love hearing about troublesome aunties and hair trial disasters - there's always a few hiccups! However Tara and Daniel's wedding seemed a dream to organise even though they planned their day from Australia. Tara also received a very thoughtful gift from her close friends as she will tell you below...
"My name is Tara Gibbons Bradford I was married to Daniel Bradford on the 3rd of September 2010 at the Park Hotel Mulranny Co. Mayo. We organized our wedding from Australia as my now husband is Australian and that is where we live. It was not a huge task to organize everything from so far away as we used email rather than phone calls which was just as easy and I also had my mum, my sister and my friends that were always willing to lend a hand when needed.
I had chosen my dress in Ireland just after we got engaged and my 3 best friends gave me a voucher for Rangoli for my 30th birthday. When I went onto the Rangoli website and had a look at Aisling's designs I was so happy as I love jewellery that is a little bit different and I knew I didn’t want the norm for my wedding day. When I went to Ireland last Christmas I visited Aisling in her studio in Dublin to decide on my accessories, she was extremely helpful and even put my hair up roughly how I wanted it for the wedding day so I could get an idea how the pieces would look with the hairstyle. After trying a number of pieces I chose a beautiful rhinestone and pearl comb and asked Aisling if we could attach a hair wire, this was no problem. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to wear earrings or a chain but after trying some of Aisling's necklaces we decided on one.
I did not try everything on (my dress and accessories) until the wedding day and I was so so happy with how it all looked together, I got so many complements on my accessories and how different my headpiece was, even my hairdresser commented on how different and beautiful it was. I want to Thank Aisling for all her help and advice and for creating such beautiful pieces for me to wear."
Tara and Daniel - thanks for sharing some of your favourite pics! You both look fab. I appreciate your kind words and wish you all the best in Ozzie-land :-)
Photographer Lisa Daly Photography

No comments: