Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Esme's Ibiza wedding

Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Well girls, this is hot off the press...
Esme, the winner of my bridal hair accessories competition is just home from Ibiza. Congratulations to Esme and Keith! These are some images taken by family and friends and I also hope to share some of the official pics in a month or so.

You'll notice that Esme is looking suitably radiant and bronzed after her Mediterranean celebration! By all accounts, the holiday was amazing with family and friends benefiting from a relaxing holiday and amazing wedding party.

Here is Esme with her two bridesmaids. She chose their colour theme to contrast with the white and creams of the Mediterranean surroundings. I love how the sun makes these colours pop.


Above you can see Esme's headpiece which was made of fine gold crochet. I incorporated lots of gold-lined crystal, cream pearls, mat gold and silver-lined beading. This delicate crochet headband was woven around the back of the head, (although you can't see that in these images). Below are some of the crochet forms that Esme tried on before deciding on her own bespoke design.

I've been so looking forward to hearing all about this wedding and would like to thank Esme again for sharing her stories with us. Here are a few words from her -
Well I'm back - the wedding was amazing! Everyone was raving about my head piece; it really pulled my whole look together. The wedding was out of this world. The villa was decorated to perfection and everyone commented on the presentation and quality of the food, it was amazing. The wedding cake was cupcakes in carrot cake and lemon drizzle flavour. We had a Spanish guitarist playing during the reception and after the speeches we had fire dancers, which were spectacular. Thank you so much once again Aisling, my head piece really complemented my dress - I think you are just brilliant at what you do.
You're welcome Esme - thanks for your kind words; I really appreciate them. I know that your wedding will inspire so many people!

No comments: