Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rangoli commission

Tuesday, September 15, 2009


This hair accessory was designed for a bride who is due to be married very shortly! I really loved working with her to create this unique piece.

'She' who shall remain anonymous, (in case someone reading this recognises her name!), came to me with some pictures of hairstyles and accessories that she liked. We started by trying on lots of my hair accessories and picking out elements that she really liked. I then did some sketches and shared some of my ideas with her. Gradually the design and structure of the piece emerged. Finally we chose the colour and beading detail to complement her gown fabric.

The picture above is of the final piece and we were both really happy with the result! You'll have to excuse my hairdressing skills though...

No comments: