Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sunny wedding waves to Siobhan

Thursday, August 8, 2013

It's a spectacularly sunny August 8th and one of 'my' brides, Siobhan, is getting married today! I wish herself and Eoin a brilliant day.

 

These pretty hairpins are dotted through Siobhan's hair as I type. After much chatting and sketching, I designed individual pins to go with her Denise Assas gown. The feature of the dress are hand-beaded cap sleeves. Did you know that I have a bit of a sleeve obsession?


Flicking through my V&A book 'Tiaras; A History of Splendour', reminded me of why I love to design jewels for the head. These ladies look like they regularly dress up for dinner. I've a friend who dresses like this on a daily basis! Caroline owns Dirty Fabulous with her sister Kathy. Every day is an 'Opera Day' for her. If you like bejewelled vintage dresses, handbags and headpieces, this is the store for you.


So, how will you wear your wedding accessories again? Here's my advice; make sure you take them out and wear them lots. Vintage style jewels are gorgeous with all sorts of outfits. I recently heard a lovely story from Elaine; she has now loaned her Rangoli comb to three of her close friends for their weddings. That makes me feel so happy! I suppose the other option is to throw a tiara dinner party and invite the girls around?



Image credits:
Taken from Tiaras - A history of splendour by Geoffrey C. Munn


2 comments:

Amy ✈ Fly Away Bride said...

These are TOO pretty! So delicate and gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Thanks Amy! These elements were originally going to be pieced together to make a lace style, feature comb. Siobhan thought that they would make great individual hairpins. I love them too.