Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rangoli bride Claire marries Brooks

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

One day, Claire came to visit my studio and showed me photos of a delicious hairstyle that Marie Hickey had created for her wedding! Just that week, I had been designing a new crochet headpiece and it was as if it had been made for Claire. As soon as we tried it on, we all (Claire, her Mum and me) knew that this was the headpiece for her!


I often talk about how my designs are influenced by hairstyles and I'm lucky to have met some amazing stylists that I recommend to my clients. Marie and I have worked together with a few clients recently which has been great fun. I hope we'll meet in person soon Marie!

Claire's hairstyle has all the elements I love; it's natural, asymmetric and elegantly simple. I think it complements her dress beautifully. Below you can see Marie weaving the three crochet strands into the side plait.

Hairstylist Marie Hickey working her magic

I'm so delighted that Claire is here to tell us about her amazing day; I've been dying to hear all about it. And even more excited when I heard that the Mastersons duo were photographing the day.
"Planning a wedding from abroad is never easy. I moved to Canada with my Canadian husband over three years ago, but we always knew that we both wanted to get married in Ireland, where we met and fell in love.  Brooks and I decided to get married at Mount Juliet, Kilkenny. The hotel and its surroundings were absolutely perfect. Also, half of our guests were coming from Canada and we knew that Mount Juliet would be able to accommodate all of us. Everyone was wowed by the venue and the level of professionalism of the staff."


"The first time I met with Aisling was a week before the wedding. In hindsight I left it a bit late. Luckily it all worked out and I think that is largely because of Aisling’s commitment to her work.

I knew I wanted to wear my hair down for the wedding. I wanted something pretty simple but I also wanted something that was individual to me. After meeting with my hairdresser Marie Hickey she suggested adding a hairwire. We found Rangoli and I was immediately taken with Aisling's work.
My mother and I arranged to meet with Aisling at her shop and we were both in awe of the beautiful range of jewellery she creates. Not only that, Aisling has a very calming and patient presence. She listened carefully to what I was looking for and helped me find something that would suit me." 

 Marie weaves my 'Cascade' headpiece into the side plait.
"There were many beautiful pieces available in her shop. However once she showed me an intricate piece she was working on and I knew it was perfect! It was subtle yet elegant. Aisling insisted on creating a new hairwire for me and she worked hard that week to make sure that it was flawlessly finished and arrived in time for my wedding day. I also bought a beautiful bracelet she created. Marie, my hairdresser, was blown away by Aisling’s work and Marie worked her magic to make sure that she did the hairpiece justice."


"The wedding day itself was one of the happiest days of my life. It went by so quickly! Before I knew it we were married.
Aisling I want to thank you for your hard work. You are very talented! All of my friends and family commented on the hairwire that you created for me. Thanks for helping to make our day so special!"

Claire, just looking at these photos makes me smile. Your headpiece must have been designed with your name on it before I met you. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience. Thanks for all your kind words; I really appreciate them. Wishing you both a cozy first married Christmas x


Credits:
Hair styled by Marie Hickey - Bridal Hair by Marie

Photography by We are the Mastersons
Venue: Mount Juliet, Kilkenny

No comments: